All of our water filters are sold with full installation instructions which can also be downloaded from this section of our website. The basics are below and the great majority of our filters are designed to be very easy to install on your own. If you have any issues it is worth getting a handyman in to do the initial installation and then to replace the filters yourself.
1) Turn off the water supply to the filter
2) Open the counter top filter tap – to relieve water pressure
3) Positioning a bucket or bowl underneath – to catch any water spillage – unscrew the bottom of the filter housing and remove the old cartridge. This can be discarded.
4) Wash the housing thoroughly. Rinse well.
5) Place the new cartridge into the lower housing. Make sure that both rubber “ O Ring” seals are in place at the top and bottom of the cartridge ie fitting neatly into their slots.
6) With the cartridge in place screw the housing and top back together. Screw tight.
7) Once this is done turn on the water – ie at the saddle valve – and check for leaks. If there is a leak the housing should be tightened further.
8) Run about 10 litres of water (approximately a sink full) to flush the cartridge.
Your water is now safe to use.
The cartridge will be good for approximately 6 months. We will email you a reminderGoogle+